Welcome to the Jules crew website! This has a calendar to list all events for which Jules will be scheduled. The crew is able to set their availability for each event. The site displays a calendar post integrated with a crew signup feature. An email notification / reminder for upcoming events is included. The full featured site includes the following:
- The Skipper must first add each Crew Member (Name and Email address) in the system to create an account
- Crew Members may update their profile fields to include: Name, email address, mobile phone number, short, shirt & jacket size, weight, World Sailing (formerly ISAF) Sailor ID, ISAF Class, US Sailing Member Number and certain other key information
- Crew may login and select a page that provides a regatta matrix for the season (current or a selected calendar year) and set their availability (yes, no, maybe)
- Columns are Regatta Date & Time , Boat Location, Crew Position Assigned, and Crew Member’s Availability
- Rows are chronological and display stored data including the Regatta Name with link to associated calendar entry, Regatta Date & Time, Boat Location for the regatta, Crew Position Assigned and a Crew Member Availability dropdown
- Crew may login and select a page that provides a regatta matrix for the season (current calendar year, or select year from dropdown) with a list of her or her crew positions , crew availability and crew assignments
- The header columns are Event Name, Event Date & Time, Boat Location, Crew Uniform, Event Registration Status, Event Registration, Fees Paid Status and Results (for after the event)
- A subsection for each event lists the following:
Crew Member’s Name, Crew Position Assigned, Crew Member’s Availability (displays as dropdown for the crew member logged in), Beverages & Snacks Assigned
- Events are listed chronologically.
- The default view is a list that may be changed to a monthly view showing the events.
- When a person mouses over a regatta it will pop up the regatta info that includes: Regatta Name, Regatta Date, Dock Time, Boat Location and a text summary excerpt (not the full text which is available by clicking the popup).
- If the event is clicked on, a page opens to display: Regatta Name, Regatta Type, Regatta Date, Dock Time, Boat Location, Link for Regatta, Uniform (e.g. White Shirts), Regatta Registration Status, Regatta Registration, Fee Payment Status, and if after the event the Results (formatted as a link if results link available)
- Additional information is included in the text field for each event. This is entered by the Skipper and may include things like after race party, tides, weather, etc.
- The Skipper has a button to “Cancel Event Immediately” in case of inclement weather – sends an immediate email to crew listed for that event.
- Password Changed – Emails Skipper notifying crew member (name) changed their password
- Crew Member Changes Availability – Emails Skipper notifying crew member (name) changed their availability for an event
- An Event is Cancelled – Emails crew members immediately when an event is cancelled and updates the calendar showing it as cancelled
- Event Reminder – Automatically sends reminder of an event 36 hours (or as set by the Skipper) in advance to the crew assigned to that event.